IMPORTANT: The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will apply in the UK from 25 May 2018. It will replace the 1998 Data Protection Act and introduce new rules on privacy notices, as well as processing and safeguarding personal data.
Tom Anderson’s is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Tom Anderson’s may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 24.05.2018.
What we collect:
We may collect the following information:
* contact information including email address.
* demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
* other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
What we do with the information we gather:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
* Internal record keeping.
* We may use the information to improve our products and services.
* To process your orders, invoicing and to provide an after sales service. We may pass your details to another organization to supply / deliver products or services you have purchased and / or to provide after sales service.
* We may use your email address to send you information in relation to the above.
* We may send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting. You have the option to opt out by emailing us.
* Card payment transactions are processed using a secure Third Party Virtual Terminal. Card details are taken and are inputted into the terminal by a trained member of staff. We do not store credit or debit card details nor do we share customer financial details with any 3rd parties. Repeat orders will require the customer to submit their Card details each and every time a payment is made. No member of staff is allowed to store Card Details and in the event of a customer offering card details for future use this will be refused.
* We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
* From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Like many other Web sites, www.tomanderson-distributor.co.uk makes use of log files. These files merely logs visitors to the site – usually a standard procedure for hosting companies and a part of hosting service’s analytics. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. This information is used to analyse trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Cookies and Web Beacons
DoubleClick DART Cookie
→ Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to our site’s visitors based upon their visit to www.tomanderson-distributor.co.uk and other sites on the Internet.
Third Party Privacy Policies
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites. What Are Cookies?
We believe it is important to provide added protection for children on-line. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time on-line with their children to observe, participate in and/or monitor and guide their on-line activity.
www.tomanderson-distributor.co.uk does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian believes that www.tomanderson-distributor.co.uk has in its database the personally-identifiable information of a child under the age of 13, please contact us immediately (using the contact in the first paragraph) and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
This policy does not apply to any information collected off-line or via channels other than this website.